What if Internet was not there?
Hello Friends, just think once what would happen if Internet was not there or collapses suddenly. It will be not less than a nightmare for most of us just thinking about it. Well what made me write this article is when my internet stopped working for two days as a rat ate my internet cable . Internet has become a part of our lives and it definitely helps all of us in some way or other and holds a very important position in our lives.
Just think instead of your ipad you would be carrying the huge encyclopedias and dictionaries for reference, no “Just Google It”, no Facebook, instead of “Mail it to me” you would be using “Just post it to me”, then you would write an letter and after pasting the stamp by licking it and then going to the letter box for delivering it which would be received by your friend in frequency of days. Lets see how its going to affect our lives.
According to a research 2,405,518,376 people which is about 34.3% of the total population use internet and are dependent on it some way.
Source: Interent World Stats
- More Face 2 Face Interaction: If internet goes out of business people will become social in real world and will have more face to face interaction than social media conversation. Real life face to face conversation affect the overall personality of people and gives a lot more exposure.
- Reduced Piracy: Well this is for sure that piracy of software’s, movies, songs, games and eBooks will reduce as internet plays a major role in distributing pirated materials to different segment of the society.
- Reinvention of Letters: As there will be no mails so for any transfer of text document letters will have to be used which will give back life to the almost died letters.
- Unemployment will increase: Internet is really huge and it provides employment to a huge number of people. Facebook alone has created 450,000 jobs, and the Internet establishes 2.6 jobs for every job it renders obsolete. These people will be affected badly and will make lot of people unemployed.
- Slow Communication: Sending letters instead of mails will definitely slow down the business process and the overall process of life.
- Portability: The online information sources such as Wikipedia, Encyclopedia and Dictionaries have to carried physically instead of a application in your ipad/mobile.
- World will become small: Due to unavailability of social media people will not be able to reach out to large and vast variety of people in the world. It will limit your access to local or national level depending on your print media which has a limited scope.
And last but not the least you would not get access to this nice blog by me. lets see a report by Online Education see how it is going to affect different segments of our lives.